First Aid At Work Re-Qualification
Our fully approved two day First Aid at Work Re-qualification course is the required training for first aiders at work who are in need for renewing their first aid at work Re-qualification.
Why do you need this course?
Because the First Aid at Work certificates is valid for a three year period only, all delegates will be required to complete a qualification course. This includes both the theory and practical assessments which are the same as the ones conducted on the 3 Day First Aid at Work course. Click here to download a Training Course brochure
The HSE regulations state that all delegates undertaking this course must be in possession of their First Aid at Work Re-qualification. It must not have expired beyond 28 days of the expiry date as shown on their First Aid at Work Certificate. If the certificate has expired beyond the 28 day period then it will be necessary for the delegate to attend a full 3-day First Aid at Work course.
By the end of the training session the all attendees will be able to:
- Review their role as a first aider in the workplace.
- Detail how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults using a mannequin doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially or a completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding.
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage and administer first aid to casualties suffering from minor injuries which include small cuts, bruises, minor burns and small splinters.
All course attendees will be provided with a Activity First Aid (2 days) certificate valid for 3 years