Written on Thursday, 15 August 2019
After an array of fire safety offences were discovered at eight Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) properties owned by a property agent, a combined fine of £37,000 was handed to the owner.
Written on Tuesday, 23 July 2019
A survey of landlords has found that hundreds of thousands of tenants are living in unsafe housing with missing smoke or carbon monoxide alarms as landlords aren’t meeting obligations on repairs that they are responsible for.
Written on Monday, 15 July 2019
A care home where an elderly resident died after a fire broke out in his room had been warned by the London Fire Brigade (LFB) about fire safety failings that could have prevented the death.
Written on Friday, 05 July 2019
A £38,000 fine and a suspended sentence has been enforced on a landlord who put his tenants' lives at risk with his 'careless' approach to fire safety.